It takes a few good traits to work towards reaching a goal. Here are a few questions to get you thinking about the personality traits you possess. See where you rank in the area of good personality traits.
When it comes to working towards a goal I am:
- Like a dog with a bone, or
- Enthusiastic like a slug
- Always looking for the positive, and get excited for what is ahead, or
- Thinking of all the reasons why it won’t work
- In a rush to get things completed, I can always come back later and fix things, or
- Methodical and thoughtful. I work in a step-by-step approach to reach my goal
- Strong in my beliefs. No one and nothing will keep me from achieving my goal, or
- Always waiting for the other shoe to drop. There is always something that will stop me from doing what I want.
- Willing to learn and ask others for help. I will learn from my mistakes along the way and not look at them as set-backs. I am going to ask for help. I will look for anther person who has walked in my shoes and succeeded., or
- Going to grin and bare it. I will get to my goal without any help
After reading the list above what do you think it takes to get you to your goal? Let’s look a a few traits. Ask yourself if you have them. We all need to continually work on these good traits. They are like a muscle, they have to be exercised in order to mature. Below I have listed a quote or two for each of these personality traits.
Work hard. And have patience. Because no matter who you are, you’re going to get hurt in your career and you have to be patient to get through the injuries.
Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
Positive thinking will let you use the ability which you have, and that is awesome.
Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.
Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.
You don’t know what’s going to happen in our business a year from now… so you have to be flexible and adaptable, and that’s what we try to do.