My husband and I love the weekends. This is our time together to play and have fun. We love the outdoors and taking our pooches with us when we go.
I am a planner. I like to have my week planned out and then I like to have a plan for the weekend. I get all my housecleaning, grocery shopping and laundry done on Thursdays and Fridays so I don’t have to think about it on the weekend.
We decided yesterday after going on a fantastic hike, to plan out our whole summer with plans “A” and “B” for the weekend. Plan “A” will be our first choice, plan “B” will be the back up plan. We want to be out and about when ever we can.
If you plan your weekends ahead of time it can really create excitement as you look towards the weekend.
How we are making our plans
- Get a calendar that is on the refrigerator so we can see what is coming up.
- List all of the activities we want to do:
- List all of the locations we want to visit:
- the shore
- Bookmark Accuweather to keep a watch on the forecast.
- Create menus for picnic lunches.
- Learn what are the best snacks to pack for energy.
- power bars
- trail mix
- Have everything ready ahead of time that can be kept in a “go bag”.
- Make sure equipment is in proper working order.
- Have vehicle ready.
- First aid kit
- Food and water for the animals
- Take lots of pictures to share!
I hope my list will inspire you to create your own “Weekend Play” calendar. You’ve worked hard, now it is time to play hard.